What is Dental Office Toolkit® (DOT)?
DOT is a portal where you get free, instant online claims processing and easy access to patient eligibility and benefit information 24/7. DOT already makes your life easier, and now with a new look and feel, it will revolutionize your daily office tasks. See what's new—watch the trailer!
What should I expect on first log in?
To view a tutorial on how to register and/or log in, please click here.
Step 1: Complete DOT user profile and set up user requirements:
- Ensure you have an up-to-date user profile in the Dental Office Toolkit. Failing to provide up-to-date and accessible contact information will require re-registration to use the new Toolkit.
- Please keep the following things in mind when updating your profile:
- To ensure that the entered email address and phone number is locally and immediately accessible to you now and in the future, consider using the contact information of your dental office. This is especially important for offices that share one login account.
- Personal email addresses and phone numbers should only be entered in the event that your specific service office does not have an office email address and phone number.
- Ensure you have access to all your DOT usernames and passwords. Any passwords previously saved in your browser will not be ported to the new DOT.
- The new DOT requires the latest version of Google Chrome and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Enable pop-ups and cookies in Google Chrome for https://dentalofficetoolkit.com
- Pop-ups will only be used to display a printable format of benefits, routine procedures, etc.
Step 2: Know what to expect at your first log in:
If you are a current user of the Dental Office Toolkit, you will be able to use your existing username and password.
When you first log in to the new DOT, you will be asked to confirm and/or complete the following information for your account:
- Three security questions
- Toolkit user first name
- Toolkit user last name
- Email address
- Phone number
Note: Please ensure businesses with multiple usernames have first names and last names that are unique to each username. For example: ABC Dental with TIN 123456789 has usernames ‘jsmith’ and ‘jsmith1’, the system will require a unique first name and last name for each username (ex: first name: John, last name: Smith and first name: John, last name: Smith1)
Once you have successfully logged in, review the following tutorials to ensure you can perform your daily office tasks in the new DOT.
You will need to re-register for the new Toolkit. Click here to watch a tutorial video on the quick and easy registration process!
Note: When you re-register for the Toolkit, ensure your first name and last name combination is unique from your previously used first and last name combination. For example: If the first name and last name combination was previously John Smith, please add a number after either the first or last name to make it unique (ex: John Smith1).
If you are unable to pass the incomplete profile page, you are most likely trying to register under a first and last name combination that already exists for your business (TIN). To overcome this, please include a number at the end of either your first or last name to make it unique (ex. John Smith becomes John Smith1).
It is possible your browser's pop-up blocker is blocking this functionality. Ensure your browser's pop-up blocker is disabled. Click here to view a tutorial on disabling your pop-up blocker.
A no pay processed claim is any claim that is a $0 cost to the business. This includes any claims that have been denied, declined or that have a $0 payment.
- Routed: A claim that requires manual review prior to processing. You may be required to submit information for this claim to complete processing (Information Request).
- Estimated: A pre-treatment estimate that has completed processing and can be submitted in for payment.
- Paid: A claim that has completed processing and been paid.
- Denied: A claim that has completed processing and has been denied and/or is not billable to the patient. Please check the processing policies on the claim in question for the reason the claim was denied.
- If you are an existing user of the Dental Office Toolkit, you do not need to re-register.
- If you are new user, to register for the Dental Office Toolkit, ensure that you have the following information:
- Provider’s license number
- State in which provider is licensed
- Provider’s Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Service office ZIP code
- Phone number or email address associated with the service office
- What if I have more than one service office associated to a TIN?
- You will only have to register for one service office. The system will be able to link all service offices associated to that TIN.
- Do I have to re-register for multiple providers? (ex. one office (one TIN), with multiple licenses)?
- If you have multiple providers associated with one TIN, you will not have to re-register for each provider.
Note: If you do not know the phone number or email address associated with the service office, please contact the Delta Dental provider records department for your state.
We encourage offices to use a separate account for each user. With DOT’s new user management functionality, offices may manage the roles and permissions of other users in their office.
The Dental Office Toolkit® (DOT) can be utilized to view information and submit claims for the following Delta Dental entities:
- Delta Dental of Michigan
- Delta Dental of Ohio
- Delta Dental of Indiana
- Delta Dental of North Carolina
- Delta Dental of Arkansas
- Delta Dental of Kentucky
- Delta Dental of Nebraska
- Delta Dental of New Mexico
- Delta Dental of Minnesota
- Delta Dental of Tennessee
- Delta Dental of Arizona
- Delta Dental of Wisconsin (CMS ONLY)
The FGP toolkit will remain as-is until a later date. For now, you can access it here.
The recommended browser for the Dental Office Toolkit is Google Chrome. If you are not sure what browser you’re working in, navigate to https://www.whatsmybrowser.org. If you see the message “You’re using Chrome 63” or any number higher than that, you’re good to go! If you received a different message, please use this tutorial to download and install Google Chrome on your computer. We recommend you do this on all computers that will be accessing the new Dental Office Toolkit.
This is likely because you have visited the correct URL, but are working in an unsupported web browser. Please try accessing https://dentalofficetoolkit.com using Google Chrome.
If you are not sure what browser you’re working in, navigate to https://www.whatsmybrowser.org. If you see the message “You’re using Chrome 63” or any number higher than that, you’re good to go! If you receive a different message, please use this tutorial to download and install Google Chrome on your computer. We recommend installing Google Chrome on all computers used to access the new Dental Office Toolkit.
See this guide for directions on how to enable cookies in Google Chrome.