The Delta Dental Foundation (DDF) was established in 1980 as a nonprofit, charitable organization and serves as the philanthropic arm of Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and North Carolina. The DDF is dedicated to improving the oral health of the public and to advancing dental science through education and research. The DDF focuses its support in these categories:
- Scientific research
- Programs designed to make dental care available to those unable to afford it
- Programs to help at-risk populations and individuals with special needs obtain dental treatment
- Continuing education programs for the dental profession
- Educational materials on the importance of oral health and hazards to oral health
- Community-based educational programs for dental students
Making a difference
Every day, our corporate citizenship and philanthropic efforts engage new partners and community members. Read about some of these highlights in our Corporate Citizenship and Philanthropy Report VIBRANT and see which stories and projects moved us most.
Learn more about the Delta Dental Foundation staff and board members.
Delta Dental launches oral health Girl Scout patch program.
Financial support for programs/organizations that address oral health needs.
For college students who exhibit leadership and a passion for dentistry.
Read how sugar-sweetened beverages can cause tooth decay and order educational Rethink Your Drink materials.
Keep emergency rooms open—dental clinics are available for dental emergencies.
Educational and research opportunities for the dental profession.